Families of Rindge Avenue Upper Campus, Inc. (FRAUC) is a nonprofit organization founded by families of students at Rindge Avenue Upper Campus. Our mission is to support and enhance the educational experiences of RAUC students by providing an organization through which families, school and teachers can work cooperatively and by providing financial support for student programs funded outside the annual school budget.
- Leads fundraising events (RasPBerry card sales, Election Day Bake Sales)
- Provides grants to faculty for field trips, after school clubs and events and student activities. This school year we have funded the Raspberry Pi club and Chill Snowboard Club.
- Organizes and supports school dances.
- Purchases materials and resources that enhance the curriculum. In the past we have provided pizza for NetPals and science poster boards for the Science Fair.
- Provides funds for guest speakers, such as Marika McCoola, the New York Times-bestselling author of Baba Yaga’s Assistant. She spoke and ran a writing workshop with all 6th grade classes.
- Provides additional educational opportunities for scholars. We raise thousands of dollars each year to assure that every RAUC 8th grader who wants to participate in the end of year Washington D.C. Trip is able to do so.
- Encourage community building such as the “Ask a 6th Grader” current 5th graders get to ask their 6th grade peers about their experience at the Upper School. It is followed by an Ice Cream Social.
- Writes grant proposals to support the FRAUC mission.
FRAUC is an all-volunteer organization. All families and caregivers are welcome. Please join us and help build our school community. Our meetings always start with a 1 hour open business meeting and are followed by a speaker geared to the RAUC community.
Meetings are on Wednesdays at 6:00-8:00 pm in the RAUC library:
Click here for the 2017-2018 schedule.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.